Gears Of Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gears Of Football

Talk Football and FIFA in here

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On Empty
PostSubject: FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On   FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 7:19 pm

FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On Fc-midtjylland_logo

FC Midtjylland

Full Name: Football Club Midtjylland
Nicknames: Ulvene (The Wolves), FCM
Founded: 1999 (merger of Ikast FC and Herning Fremad)
League: Danish Superligaen

Stadium

FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On Herning_sas1

Name: SAS Arena
Nickname: Ulvegrotten (The Wolve's Cave), Zidan Arena
Capacity: 12,500
Cost: 85 million DKK
Built: 2004
Opened: March 2004

History

On Tuesday 6th April 1999, Mr Johnny Rune and Mr Ejner Hessel met to try and merge strong rivals Herning Fremad and Ikast FC. Neither team had been significant in Danish football, but that was to change with FC Midtjylland. They finally agreed a deal, and on Wednesday, 7th April 1999, it was revealed at a press conference that the two clubs had merged to form FC Midtjylland.

Midtjylland have gone on to become one of the best clubs in Denmark. The were promoted to the Danish Superliga in the year 2000, and now challenge the Danish throne of FC Kobenhavn and Brondby IF. They were the first Danish team to get a youth academy, in 2004, and they were also the first Danish team to sell their stadium name to a sponsor, SAS. In 2004, they won their first match at the SAS Arena 6-0 against AB Copenhagen, Mohammed Zidan scoring 5, that is why the SAS Arena is nicknamed the "Zidan Arena"

FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On Zidan%20fcm%204

Achievements

Danish Cup: Runner-Up Twice
Danish Superligaen: 2nd twice + 3rd twice
UEFA Cup: 2nd Qualifying Round, lost to Anderlecht
Other: Beat Manchester City at the City of Manchester Stadium 1-0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On   FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 7:19 pm

reserved for squad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On   FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 7:20 pm

reserved 2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On   FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 7:20 pm

reserved 3
Back to top Go down

Reserved

Last edited by Sato#9 on Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On   FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 7:21 pm

You may now post Very Happy

Sorry for short OP, they have only existed since 1999 so there isn't much to say...
Back to top Go down
Xeneize
Administrator
Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On   FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 7:24 pm

Great start for team that isn't as well-known, or doesn't have as much history. Keep it up! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On   FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 7:27 pm

Thanks, people that have heard of them have only heard of them because of the Man City thong when Man City won on pens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On   FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 7:59 pm

FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On Sky-sports

Former Wolf Mohamed Zidan Returns - As Manager

FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On 14%20Mohamed%20Zidan

It has been revealed at a press conference in the early hours of this morning that Egyptian star Mohamed Zidan has returned to the club as a manager. Zidan played for Ulvene during the 03/04 season, scoring 30 goals in 47 appearances, including 9 in the first three games ever played at the SAS Arena.

Midtjylland chairman Bo Olesen has this to say: "I am extremely shocked that Zidan has actually accepted our offer for him to manage us. He is only 26, and he was having a great career in Germany with Dortmund. He has been injured a lot, but to leave his playing career at the age of 26 to manage such a small team as us...i do wonder why he left playing football?"

Zidan commented: "I loved playing that 1 season here. The fans are great, despite the club's recent founding and the small ground. I have been at a few clubs now, but I decided that here at FC Midtjylland just feels like home. They were my favourite team to play on. I just wish I could play for us again..."
Back to top Go down
Arabgangster

PostSubject: Re: FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On   FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 8:02 pm

nice updates lol.

hopefully my mm will be as good lol.
Back to top Go down
Danny B
Danny B

PostSubject: Re: FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On   FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 12:24 pm

Who is this guy?
Back to top Go down
Weako

PostSubject: Re: FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On   FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 2:23 pm

I am Sato#9.

Anyway, since "Sato#9" was banned, and Xeneize kindly un-IP-banned me, I will be continuing this MM on this account.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On   FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On Empty

Back to top Go down

FC Midtjylland - The Wolves Fight On
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gears Of Football :: Gears Of Manager Mode-
Jump to: